Proper Interview Process
Proper Interview Process.
Here at SERVPRO of North Rensselaer/South Washington Counties we take pride in our onboarding process. Currently we have about 3 positions available on various job boards. As we increase our customer base we also increase our crews too. Here are some great tips for getting the job:
- Submit a resume-
- Resume should include Name, Address, Phone Number, Objectives, Experience, Work history, and education. Also you should try and make the resume only 1 page. So if you have a lot of work history, start with your most recent and work your way down the timeline. Once your resume has been sent, be sure to call the office to follow up.
- Scheduling the Interview-
- Scheduling is just as important as submitting the resume. Typically, employers who are actively hiring with call the candidate the day the resume is received or the very next day. It is best to make sure that your phone is on and ringer is up. Missing a call for a job could put you on a back burner.
- Knowing the Job
- Knowing what the company does before the interview process is KEY. We have seen it all too much where a candidate comes into an interview completely unprepared. We recommend going on to our website prior to the interview to review the different services we offer.
- Interview Process-
- A candidate should always arrive at the interview 15 minutes prior to the appointment time. There could be some other paperwork that needs to be filled out prior to the interview.
- A candidate should be presentable, a simple pair on Khaki’s and polo or casul button down will go a long way. SERVPRO calls this business casual.
- Ask Questions regarding the position. Never feel like your questions are not merited. Employers look for candidates that can communicate and ask questions about the positions available.
- Understand the COVID Restrictions-
- In certain businesses across the United States, covid restrictions are a part of the everyday policies. We recommend being proactive and wearing a mask at the time of the interview.
- Follow up
- We recommending ending the interview on a good note. If you like the position available let the hiring agent know that you are really interested.
- Give the hiring agent 2 days and then call back to follow up with your interview.
- If asked to schedule a 2nd interview, we recommend scheduling right away for best results. (there is a reason they are asking to have you back for a 2nd interview, and that is your time to shine!)
Give us a Call if you are in search of a position in a faced paced company like SERVPRO of Bennington and Rutland Counties.