What Should You Do as a Homeowner After a Storm
Lately we have seen our fair share of rainfall here in New England! And significant rainfall can lead to flooding and ceiling leaks. Whether you have a basement flooding or have secondary damage from moisture getting into your home, SERVPRO of North Rensselaer/South Washington Counties can help!
No matter the severity or extent of the damage we have a team of skilled professionals who are faster to any disaster. Stormwater events are usually categorized into two groups.
• Category 2- this is when water comes through a window, or a ceiling and the contamination is not as significant.
• Category 3- generally involves basement flooding’s with groundwater which contain several harmful microorganisms, fecal matter, and other contaminants.
The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a situation like the ones described is to give us a call! The faster we are notified the faster we can be on site and start the mitigation process and decrease the amount of damage in your home.
Once we are on site we will:
1. Extract standing water if there is any.
2. Remove unwanted/unsalvageable contents.
3. Use our state-of-the-art equipment including meters to determine which other areas may be wet.
4. Set up drying equipment and sanitize the structure.
5. Dry and clean contents.
6. Perform any demolition that is needed.
7. Provide reconstruction resources/services as needed.
We are a 24/7 emergency service team who is eager to help you in any disaster! If you experience a water damage from a storm, give us a call at 518-677-3444!